9.13.2012

What's your damage?

As soon as I heard the tragic news I just had to write about it. Bravo, the channel that has brought you ground breaking television shows such as The Real Housewives of New Jersey, The Real Housewives of Atlanta, The Real Housewives of Orange County and The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills have decided to revive the original mean girl cult classic Heathers.


Now the Heathers came out in the 80s and is a dark comedy, not to mention several characters die. I'm not naming names, google it if you're so curious! I'm just wondering what a station like Bravo has in mind for the reboot? Oh and did I mention it's from the 80s?!

According to Wikipedia:
Heathers picks up 20 years later when Veronica returns home to Sherwood, Ohio with her teenage daughter, who must contend with the next generation of mean girls, all named "Ashley". They are all the daughters of the surviving 2 Heathers. Neither Winona Ryder or Christian Slater are attached to the project.


...... I don't even know where to begin. I'll start with the fact that its blasphemy that Winona wouldn't be involved. Good that she isn't cause she's better than that, but still! Not to mention I despise when they replace characters with new actors and we're just supposed to pretend like it didn't happen? I'm talking to you Twilight and every soap opera in the history of the world! 


Also, if its a "next generation" of Heathers named Ashley, why not call the show Ashleys and leave my favorite movie alone! And "Ashley"? Really? What is it 1991? What's Veronicas daughter going to be named, Jessica? It's no Cher Horowitz or Regina George.


2 comments:

thankyou for your comment!